Friday, June 19, 2009
A new post is just around the corner as well! See 'ya~~
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
- Stayed at home with me and found much to busy themselves as I worked.
- Gabriel is in full-time day camp at Warren Early Childhood Center during the week. The day camp is called the Fun Time Family Resort, and is chock full of tropical-themed rooms (classrooms during the trad. school year) with much to keep his little body and mind busy; love that. He visits the "resort" from 9:00A - 4-4:30P, M-F. Wednesday and Friday are also "water days," where the campers are allowed to play in multiple baby swimming pools set up on one of the outside playgrounds, as well as other fun water toys. A "theme day" on Thursdays rounds out the weekly schedule. I think big sisters and brother are beginning to become a bit jealous!
- Worked at a fairly steady pace until 3:00P.
- Made an appointment to have the air conditioner, "diagnosed."
- Didn't drink nearly enough coffee and ate way too many Milk Duds. See Karen--I splurge!!!
- Received some sad news from a good friend.
- Shipped Ethan off to have his long-awaited overnight with G&G Ford; we'll see him tomorrow (Wed.) afternoon.
- Watered my dehydrated Mother's Day flowers (courtesy of Greg P.) P.S.) They're still alive and flourishing!
- Battled the laundry monster for an hour or so.
- (Chelsea, Aubrey & I) Went to the grocery store and Target.
- Picked Gabriel up from day camp.
- Had conversations about whose turn it was to go to G&G Ford's next for an overnight; Aubrey declared she would like to go by herself this time--Chelsea was just fine with that.
- Bought a new American flag for the front porch--just because.
- Landed some cool party goodies (from Target) for Chelsea's August birthday celebration.
Today's Music: Various video clips of Natalie Merchant (10,000 Maniacs fame) on YouTube. Wanna watch one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ypkQhbaFcU
Quote of the Day (Chelsea): "I need to go to the bookstore, because I, like, need a bunch of books, because I'm really bored. " Hmm, well, if you hurry up and turn 16, get a job, yield your first paycheck, take Driver's Ed., save the money from your job to pay half for your first car, then you can go to the bookstore and buy all the books you want! That is, if you have any money left and you're still bored. Love you punkin'! Mama**
Saturday, June 6, 2009
- Attended the closing game of Ethan's U7/8 spring 2009 soccer season. Wacky Dynamites won their final game, with E-Man racking up one of the scoring goals. Greg, Chelsea, Aubrey, myself, Grandpa Tom and Grandma Nancy were all in attendance. The weather cooperated with plenty of sunshine and a great breeze. Talk of fall season was in the air.
- Played in the sprinkler (Aubrey and Gabriel).
- Watched their two favorite channels; Noggin and Sprout.
- Colored with colored pencils and markers.
- Played with stuff and generally goofed around.
- Did normal Saturday chores around the house.
- Played on the internet.
- Did a bit of organizing and sorting.
- Welcomed the AAA Exterminating man in for his annual termite inspection (excitement abounds). We were bug free.
- Hung the summer garden flag.
- Took some pretty cool pictures of one of the very tame Chatham Walk squirrels. Will probably post this tomorrow.
- Caught a small spider with a Dixie cup and released it back into the wild. HUGE step for me and anyone acquainted with my arachnophobia.
Tunes from Today:
- Soundtrack from Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.
- Station 104.5 on the kitchen transistor radio; not-so-great reception to boot.
From Aubrey,while eating a Hershey's Hug for her treat after lunch.
"I like chocolate; it's melty, like ice cream, but not like apples or pickles." Okie doke Tatey Cake. Gotta love a girl on her own page.
- Witnessing Gabriel engaging Aubrey in play; giggling and wrestling, just like big brother and sister.
- The spider.